Able Health Care
Able Health Care currently operates two registered children’s homes in Suffolk. We have a commitment to helping and preparing young people to grow and develop into adulthood, through building positive relationships and living and learning together within nurturing homes.
Liberty Lodge cares for up to 6 young people and is located a short distance from Ipswich Town Centre. Fern Lodge cares for up to 4 young people and is located in Leiston, close to the Suffolk Coast.
The children we care for are aged 9-17 with Social, emotional, mental health, and behavioural difficulties.
Liberty Lodge is rated Outstanding in all areas and Fern Lodge is rating Good in all areas.
Adjacent to Liberty Lodge, and also part of Able Healthcare, is a registered independent school for up to 6 pupils.
Able Healthcare are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding the children and young people in our care to the highest standard. All appointments will be made using robust recruitment procedures and will involve and be subject to enhanced DBS checks and vetting.
What we are looking for
Able Healthcare are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic and have a desire to support children and young people who have additional needs.
Applicants may have experience of working with children who present behavioural challenges, possibly those with additional mental health and wellbeing needs, Autism or ADHD, however this is not essential.
The successful candidate will have an empathetic and understanding nature, and a desire to aid children in achieving their aspirations.
You will have resilience and be able to manage challenging behaviour in a caring and considered manner.
As a Bank residential support worker, you will work as part of the staff team to achieve the statement of purpose of the children’s home on a flexible basis. You will play a proactive role in supporting the children in our care to achieve their daily plans and support them to understand and manage their emotions in a socially acceptable manner. You will take part in activities and support children’s appointments. You will follow guidance of the senior support worker team and the management team.
• To contribute to the provision of a sensitive and therapeutic residential service for the young people which best meets their social, psychological, educational, cultural, physical and health needs
• To ensure the care given to the young people reflects the Statement of Purpose
• To provide advice, guidance and support to young people in maintaining the boundaries and structures in place and adhering to the organisation’s expectations
• To carry out domestic tasks to maintain reasonable levels of hygiene and maintenance and ensure that the building remains in a reasonable condition
• To attend relevant meetings
• To empower young people in positive decision making
• To role model good practice always
• To provide sleep-in cover as part of a team on a regular basis
• To implement the activities program in place
• To support the care planning and behaviour management of children in the home
• To ensure that the events of the shift are all accurately recorded in the logbook and that incident forms and young people’s logs contain all the relevant information
• To always ensure confidentiality
• To demonstrate commitment to personal development, e.g. through undertaking training.
• To be in contact with parents, social services, or other relevant authorities as appropriate in a professional manner
• To manage petty cash and purchasing as necessary.
• To participate in “keyworker” responsibilities for a key child if designated
• To guide and support children in their independence planning
• Well-developed written and verbal communication
• Behaviour management skills and knowledge of safeguarding
• Driving license
• Level 3 Diploma Children’s Workforce (or commitment to undertaking this qualification)
• Enthusiastic disposition
• Committed to achieving best outcomes for children
• Flexible in achieving objectives
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal development
• Proactive and solution focused
• Loyal and committed
• Open to new activities